The Blog

Scarsdale NY Attic Mold

Scarsdale NY Attic Mold

This is a photo from our latest project in Scarsdale NY.  The homeowner called complaining of staining on the attic sheathing and of a musty odor.  When we arrived we confirmed the presence of Scarsdale NY Attic Mold using a  portable mold test.  Upon examination we found the source of the mold.  As you can see from the  first photo the bathroom vent fan is disconnected.  This caused a build up in mold throughout the attic.  The mold had spread quite quickly in under a year to roughly half the 1000 sqft attic.  Mold in the attic is usually not harmful, the molds that grow there are usually non-toxic.   The homeowner noticed the mold growth during the holidays while moving decorations down. Although attic mold is usually ton-toxic it can be an allergen, so it is recommended that people with allergies and asthma avoid going up there.  Due to the nature heat rises it keeps the air and the mold spores from migrating down into the home, so asthmatics need not fear attic mold as long as they stay out of the attic.  We treated the attic mold with Cal-Brite which has a hydrogen peroxide base as you can see in the next series of photos the sequence in which the job progressed.  The mold is present, the mold is sprayed with Cal-Brite, the mold melts away.
Scarsdale Attic Mold

Disconnected Bathroom Ven
t

Scarsdale Attic Mold
Scarsdale Attic Mold

Scarsdale Attic Mold

Cal-Brite Sprayed on Scarsdale Attic Mold

Cal-Brite Sprayed on Scarsdale Attic Mold

Clean Scarsdale attic mold